Monday, October 26, 2009

Jogging, Training, and double YUCK!

I've decided to create a new short term running/jogging goal. This one is based on distance. My goal is to be able to jog one mile straight without walking. I want to achieve this goal by Thanksgiving and I think that's reasonable. This morning I was able to jog 3/4 of my first mile. I had to really push myself, but I made it :) Stay tuned for updates on the progress of that goal!

My personal training has been doing good. I've been doing 2 sessions a week then having one day of doing it on my own. So far I feel good and like I'm making progress. I've increased weight on everything and a rep on the planks. I think I've toned up a bit as well! My least favorite part of this routine is the Planks! It's the only one that does not seem to be getting easier! Last week Friday I learned an important lesson with my PT: Don't do cardio before the session. By the end I was really drained and had a hard time finishing the exercises. She told me she understands wanting to get it done and out of the way, but it just doesn't work so well. I am hoping to pick up a few 1 hour sessions after my initial ten pack of sessions is done. Then I'll really get my butt kicked!

Now for the double yuck! Last night while packaging my lunches and snacks for the week I looked down and noticed a "crumb" on my shirt that looked like a piece of the Kashi cereal. So out of habit I picked it up and put it in my mouth. A few seconds later I'm like wait this is gross it tastes like how a ladybug smells when you pick it up. I immediately spit it out and realized it WAS a ladybug! EWE! I was mortified and quickly grabbed the closest thing to me, which was chocolate chips and put a handful in my mouth and drank a whole glass of water!

My second yuck has to do with the gym. There is a lady there in the mornings that is nice but I don't know if she doesn't believe in deodorant or what. Usually as soon as you pass the glass separating the lounge area from the cardio area you can smell her it is so gross! This morning was particularly bad. I almost passed out when I crossed the glass! It was all I could do to start my workout and not gag! Luckily I did my strength training first so I only had to endure 20 min of the horrible smell! Has anyone else run into a situation like this? How on earth do you handle it? She's a nice lady, but just really smelly!

No comments:

Post a Comment