Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Week 2 Day 1

I started day one of the 100 pushup challenge last night. At first I wasn't sure if I should do them at all due to the fact that I pulled something in my upper back yesterday morning by twisting around to grab something. But I decided to give it a shot and if I had pain in that area I'd stop. I completed the first set (14 pushups) and there was no pain during the pushups so I figured I'd be good to complete the remaining sets.

I was relieved for a brief minute when I got to the 3rd and 4th sets which were 10 pushups each. Then the final set was a minimum of 15. I thought I was not going to make it. By time I got to number 15 I was shaking and could barely do it. I did it, but I'm a little nervous that I won't be able to complete the requirements for week 2. By day 3 will need to do 20 in that last set! Based on last night's performance I'm wondering if I'll have to repeat this week. I guess only time will tell. I also know I shouldn't look ahead to the remainder of the week I don't want to psych myself out; but it's SO hard not to look!

Of course the dogs had to participate with me. Nothing like a big mouthful of dog fur when performing the down of a pushup!

On other fitness news today was day 2 this week of my new routine. The plan is to get up by 5:30 hit the elliptical for 30 min. then walk the dog for 30, and get out the door by 7. I'm nervous to find out how this will work on a day when it's not raining in the morning. I skipped the dog walks today and skimped on yesterdays due to the rain. I didn't make it out the door until 7:10 this morning!

One benefit I noticed of this new routine is I wasn't dead dog tired by lunch time yesterday, which was extremely nice for a change. Today I'm tired, but not exhausted (yet)!

No comments:

Post a Comment